Welcome to the Tenth Annual 10x10
It's September in Maine and our TenthBirthday 10x10 is coming up soon! We are going to have a wonderful show this year, with over 200 affordable works by Maine artists. The show this year will be different in some exciting new ways, with new sizes and prices, another Art Raffle, a Silent Auction table with 3 paintings, ceramics, silver jewelry . . and other handmade artisan items, as well as fantastic food . . . and we hope you can make it.
There will be free previews on Thursday evening from 6-8 and again on Friday afternoon from 12-3. To further our fund-raising this year, we are charging a $5 admission (but it's free for our artists, of course).
Please be sure to take a look at our Sponsor Page. We couldn't put on the show without their financial support and we hope you can support them in return.
See you at the Show!
Where & When?
Friday, September 22, 2017, from 6-8 pm
Plus, new for 2017, we are offering an additional time to shop:
Saturday Second Chance Sale, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
A $5.00 Admission will be charged for all non-artists who attend on Friday. This is a fund-raiser, and this money will be used to defray our food and even expenses. We hope you will support us!
Two contiguous walk-between Brunswick venues:
Curtis Memorial Library Morrell Meeting Room, 23 Pleasant St.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Parish Hall, 27 Pleasant St.
All the work will be arranged organized by artists' last names:
M-Z will be Morrell Meeting Room at Curtis;
A-L will be in the Parish Hall.
Previews: Two public previews are held:
September 21, 6-8 pm (Thursday evening, before the Friday event)
September 22, 12-3 pm (Friday afternoon before the show opens)
Want to see this year's pieces? Visit our Online Gallery.
Our 2017 Raffle Piece by Prentiss Weiss
This year our raffle piece, with a retail value of $1450, has been generously donated by Prentiss Weiss. See the Raffle Page for more details on how and where to purchase tickets.
. . . And We Have A Publicity Contest Winner!
About Arts Are Elementary
The 10x10 Art Exhibit and Sale is sponsored by, and is the primary annual fundraiser for, Arts Are Elementary. AAE is a nonprofit founded 36 years ago to provide an artist-in-residence for every elementary classroom in Brunswick, Maine.
Every year AAE provides K-5 students in Brunswick – over 1000 children! – with opportunities to express themselves in a variety of forms and media including paint, clay, music, theatre, photography, songwriting, poetry, storytelling, book making and more. And, critically, AAE works closely with the schools to ensure that each artist residency supports the curriculum.
At the annual 10x10 Art Exhibit and Sale fund-raiser, parents, art collectors, Mainers, summer residents, and friends mingle and decide which pieces of art will go home with them. They enjoy delicious food donated by area restaurants and served by local students. All work is sold on a first come, first served basis, making for an exciting evening as buyers vie for their chosen gems.
Each year, artists, art collectors, local sponsors, and over 50 community volunteers (including Bowdoin athletic teams) support the Brunswick 10x10 Art Exhibit and Sale.
Since 2008, the 10x10 has raised over $115,000 for Arts Are Elementary.
Important Changes for 2017
- As usual, at this year’s gala Art Exhibit and Sale (our TENTH!) hundreds of works of art created by talented Maine artists will be on sale.
- This year we are offering work in new sizes! Works measuring 8”x10” or 10”x 10” will sell for $200 each, plus tax; Works measuring 12”x12” will sell for $250 each, plus tax; Works measuring 12”x24” will sell for $300 each, plus tax.
- As usual, the proceeds from sales are split evenly with the artists and AAE.
- Also new this year, we will be charging a $5 admission to help defray food and event costs for this annual fund-raiser.
- We will again have a Silent Auction of the 3 winning pieces from our Publicity Contest. Look for details on Facebook coming soon.
- We will also once again run our very popular annual $10/ticket Art Raffle that will culminate in a drawing at the 10x10 Event. We heartily thank Brunswick artist Prentiss Weiss for agreeing to donate this year’s piece. Check back here later this spring for details: Silent Auction and Raffle.
- New this year will be the addition of a Silent Auction of original jewelry, ceramic, glass, music, sculpture, and/or written works.
- And finally, we will extend our sales into Saturday morning! Unsold works from Curtis Library will be moved to the Parish Hall and patrons will have a second opportunity to purchase the piece that almost got away.
Our 2017 Publicity Contest Winners (from the left
Michael Vermette / "Gull Rock - Monhegan"
First Runner-up: Mary Mraz / "Cup"
Second Runner-up: Middy Thomas / "Drying Off"
Learn about the Silent Auction here.
These images, and others decorating our site, are from previous year's 10x10 Art Exhibit and Sale events> You can see more of them on our 2016 Gallery page. New work to be sold at this year's Event will be on our 2017 Gallery page available later this summer.
"The artwork is amazing, the reception is superb and the company is fabulous!" says Kristi Hatrick, Executive Director of AAE. "We love that the 10x10 has grown into an eagerly anticipated fall event that brings people out for a night of great art and good eats ~ and we welcome the chance to further spread the word about Arts Are Elementary."
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
This event is not juried; however, the 10x10 committee reserves the right to refuse any artwork that is deemed not suitable for the Benefit Art Exhibit & Sale. Please make every effort to follow these and all forthcoming instructions.