Our Application Process
We will accept artwork in the following formats (3 new ones!):
8x10, 10x10, 12x12 and 12x24 inches.
Artists who opt to submit a 12x24 may submit just the one piece. All other artists may submit up to two pieces, which do not have to be the same size. (For instance, an artist could submit one 10x10 and one 8x10.)
With the addition of the new sizes, we cannot know if we will have room to hang every submitted piece, but we will certainly work very hard to hang them all. We definitely will hang at least one piece for each artist.
This year we hope to hang the show for longer than our traditional 1.5 days – more on this later!
So please join us!
Please note that, while our show is not juried, we reserve the right to not show works that we deem inappropriate for a community art event.
We charge an application fee of $10 per piece payable in advance, at the time you apply.
The online form and payment information is below. We accept online payments thru the Paypal website, where you may choose to pay with Paypal account or by a credit card. After you've paid, our online application form will open.
You can also print the form and mail it to us with a check, if you prefer.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE:
These are the steps to apply online.
- Decide on and enter your number of submissions
- Submit payment (via your Paypal account or via a credit card on the Paypal website)
- Fill out the online application.
1. Enter # of Pieces and Pay Application Fee:
3. Fill Out Online Application:
After paying on Paypal, you will be automatically taken to our Online Application form. Please wait for the form to launch; it may take a few seconds. Once the online application appears, fill it out, submit it, and your application process will be complete.
HOW TO APPLY VIA MAIL:
Decide on number of submissions. Download and print the application. Mail form with check to address below.
1. Download/print the Application Form
2. Submit Mailed Payment:
Make check payable to "AAE 10x10" and mail it to:
P O Box 882
Brunswick ME 04011
Application fees are of $10 per piece and non-refundable.
- Morrell Meeting Room, Curtis Memorial Library, 23 Pleasant Street
- Parish Hall, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 27 Pleasant Street
- We hope to have our online preview available earlier than ever this year. The planned date is 1 September 2017.
- Live at our two venues on Thursday, September 21 from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. and Friday, September 22 from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Application deadline is June 1, 2017 (online or postmarked).
- Application fee: $10 per piece (non-refundable)
- Artists must be at least 18 years old, and a full or part time resident of Maine.
- Artists may submit one or two pieces: An artist may submit up to two pieces If they are some combination of 8x10, 10x10 or 12x12. If an artist opts to submit a 12x24 piece, however, s/he may submit just that one piece.
- The sale price of artwork is $200 plus tax for 8x10 and 10x10; $250 plus tax for 12x12, and $300 plus tax for 12x24. If sold, the artist receives 50% of the sale price.
- We will no longer provide frames.
- All pieces must be submitted ready to hang.