Dates, Deadlines, Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Some Important Changes to Note (Please review this carefully!):
This year we are not photographing work, and are asking artists to submit their own digital photograph(s).
Click here to visit Digital Images for details.
We are not providing frames. You may submit work framed or unframed. Details are here on the Framing page.
Please review the 2017 dates and timeline below to come up to speed on this year's calendar/schedule changes.
- Early April - Call for Artists and Application to artists list
- May 1 - Reminder to artists with 2nd Call for Artists and Application
- June 8 - Deadline for online or postmarked Application
(extended deadline -- you still have time to register!)
- July 7 - Deadline for submission of one or two digital images to be considered for 10x10 publicity contest
- late summer Online Preview Goes Live
- September 9 - 9:30 - 12:00 Noon Drop Off artwork1 in the first floor corridor of the Brunswick School Department Central Office/Hawthorne School, 46 Federal Street, Brunswick.
- September 21 and 22 - Public Previews, Thursday, 6 - 8 p.m. and Friday, 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. at both venues
- September 22 - Event and reception, Friday 6 - 8 p.m.
- NEW! September 23 - Extended public exhibit and sale, 10:00 a.m to 2:00 pm in the St. Paul's Episcopal Church Parish Hall.
- September 23 - First Pick Up of unsold pieces. At the St. Paul's Parish Hall, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- October 4th - Second Pick Up2 of unsold pieces. Please come to new AAE office, 2nd floor, Brunswick School Department Central Office/Hawthorne School, 46 Federal Street, from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Morrell Meeting Room, Curtis Memorial Library, 23 Pleasant Street
- Parish Hall, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 27 Pleasant Street
- If you cannot come to Drop Off, please either find someone to drop off your work for you; or mail your work, by the dropoff deadline, to: AAE 10x10, P.O. Box 882, Brunswick, ME 04011
- We cannot return artwork by mail, so please arrange for someone to pick up your work if you are unable to come to either of the pickup dates.
Drop Off will be held Saturday, September 9, 2017, between 9:30 and noon and will be in the first floor corridor of the Brunswick School Department Central Office/ Hawthorne School, 46 Federal Street, Brunswick.
Bring the following:
- Three copies of our Artist Drop Off Form
- Your finished original artwork, framed or not, ready to hang with hangers or wire
- If you cannot attend drop-off, artwork may be mailed to "AAE 10x10", P.O. Box 882, Brunswick, ME 04011. It must be received by Drop Off day, Saturday, September 9, 2017.
Each artist will receive postcards to help promote the event. Artists attendance at the show is also very beneficial. Patrons like to meet you and talk about your work and process. These conversations very often lead to sales.
In hopes of increasing sales, we are extending the 10x10 Art Exhibit and Sale into Saturday morning from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm at St. Paul's Episcopal Church parish hall, followed by our first Pick Up, from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the same location.
We do not return artwork by mail, so please arrange for someone to pick up your work if you are unable to come to either pickup.
This event is not juried; however, the 10x10 committee reserves the right to refuse any artwork that is deemed not suitable for the Benefit Art Exhibit & Sale. Please make every effort to follow these and all forthcoming instructions.